Blackpool Airport Reviews

by

Blackpool Airport Reviews

Blackpool International Airport (IATA: BLK, ICAO: EGNH) is an international airport on the Fylde coast of Lancashire, England, in the Borough of Fylde, just outside the Borough of Blackpool. It was formerly known as Squires Gate Airport.

Blackpool Airport was one of the first aviation sites in the UK. The airport was owned and operated by City Hopper Airports Limited, which also owns Wolverhampton Airport and Biella Airport in Italy, before, in January 2007, being placed under new management after one of its two major shareholders bought out its partner. MAR Properties Ltd agreed terms to take over full control of Blackpool and Wolverhampton Airports. In May 2008, it was announced that Balfour Beatty, who also own Exeter Airport and Derry Airport, had purchased MAR Property’s 95% stake in the airport. The remaining 5% stake is held by Blackpool Borough Council.

Blackpool Airport Limited has a Civil Aviation Authority (CAA) Public Use Aerodrome Licence (Number P724) that allows flights for the public transport of passengers or for flying instruction. Passenger numbers peaked in 2007 with over 550,000 passing through the airport, but had fallen to 235,238 in 2012, making Blackpool the 32nd busiest in the UK that year.

Three scheduled airlines operate from the Blackpool Airport, as well as occasional charter holiday flights in the summer months. Executive flights are operated by Hangar 3 and J-Max which both offer access to a private aircraft hangar and private aircraft management. Helicopter operations serve the offshore oil and gas facilities in the Irish Sea. This service is operated by Bond Offshore Helicopters which uses two Eurocopter AS365N3 Dauphin helicopters from a purpose built helicopter terminal facility. Blackpool Airport is also home to the North West Air Ambulance service operated by a twin-engined Eurocopter EC 135 registered as G-NWAA. There are many companies situated on the airfield which offer flying lessons and training flights. The fixed-wing lessons are usually in Piper or Cessna aircraft and the Robinson family of helicopters used for non-fixed wing lessons.

On 13 May, Jet2holidays announced, via their website, that they have re-added Menorca to Blackpool Airport’s destination list.

Services:

ATMs / Cash Machines – info not available.
Car Rentals – Avis • Europcar. Location: in the car park just outside the terminal doors.
Food / Restaurants – There are no 24-hour food concessions at this airport.
»Landside: Horizon’s Cafe & Bar
»Airside: Horizon’s Cafe & Bar • Bar Icon
Luggage Storage / Lockers – info not available.
Showers – info not available.
Internet: WiFi is available at the Blackpool Airport.

Airport opening hours:
info not available

Website:
Blackpool Airport Official Website

Blackpool Airport Map

Blackpool Airport Weather Forecast

[yr url=”http://www.yr.no/place/United_Kingdom/England/Blackpool_Airport/” links=”0″ table=”1″ ]